AOSEPT PLUS Cleaning Disinfecting Solution by Alcon is for all types of contact lenses including silicone hydrogels. The hydrogen peroxide and poloxamer surfactant disinfect and clean the lenses. The AODISC breaks down the hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen, leaving a saline condition. After the neutralisation procedure is complete, contact lenses can be inserted directly into the eyes.
It is very important that you always use the contact lens case with AODISC provided as the AODISC activates the neutralisation process. To ensure the neutralisation process works, you need to make sure the case stays upright as oxygen gas is given off through holes in the lid. The case should also be kept at room temperature, if it is very cold the reaction may not work as well.
Make sure only after 6 hours have passed, then it is safe to remove the lenses from the case and insert directly into your eyes. There is no need for any additional rinsing prior to the insertion of lenses.
- AOSept® Plus should always be used in the provided lens case with built-in neutralizer
- Never put AOSept® Plus directly into the eye
- Never use AOSept® Plus in a flat lens case
- Always soak lenses in the provided lens case for at least six hours prior to inserting into the eye
- Always discard the old lens case to avoid contamination and ensure proper neutralization